Tuesday, March 20, 2012

He shoots, he scores......hopefully

I found what look like the first shoots yesterday coming up from the Goldings. If you look closely in the centre of this pic below you might be able to see it. As you can see the weeds have not exactly given up either so I haven't completely ruled out that this is just a weed I haven't seen before. Don't want to do too much weeding at this point in case I disturb the hops. Time will tell I guess.



My main concern this morning is this:


I just hope they don't get washed away (and us along with them). Inches of rain promised for most. Just hoping the soil doesn't stay water-logged for too long. At least the storm appears to be bringing cooler air with it. High of 73F (23C) predicted for today (cool by Houston standards).

No comments:

Post a Comment